Sunday, April 27, 2008

Top 5's

I haven't done a top 5 in a while so I thought today I would do more than one Top 5 list

Top 5 reasons I scrapbook....

  1. Memories are too important to be stuck in a box or an old album to be destroyed.
  2. When I pass away I want my children, grand children and great-grandchildren to know about the family that came before them, who we were and what we valued or cherished.
  3. I am saddened when I view my grandparents albums and no one knows the stories or people in them.
  4. Scrapbook supplies are pretty darn cool and fun to play with (so much for being insightful).
  5. Scrapbooking and crops are all social gatherings to meet new friends, share new technique and of course create new memories to scrapbook.

Top 5 reasons I love kit clubs....

  1. Everything is co-ordinated - no digging through boxes and bins of stuff trying to find the right colour cardstock or brad.
  2. You get to tryout small portions of products that you may not have seen or tried before.
  3. Kits will get you to use a design of paper or you may not have picked out yourself.
  4. A good kit club offers sketches and design ideas for the time crunched scrapper or help you break out of design rut.
  5. Each month you can get a box in the mail filled with great goodies or pick up you collection from your store.
  6. Oh, let's make it 6. Kit clubs are not just for scrapbooking, you can get them for cardmaking too.

You can check out this months kits from Remember This! Scrapbooking.

I would love to know some of your reasons for scrapbooking or your favorite reasons for joining a kit club. Post your list here and your name will be entered to win blog candy. I have chosen a fabulous chipboard book by Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs. The one I have chosen spells out "Summer". You have until May 1st to get your posts in.

2 comments:

Cheryl KVD said...

What fun!! My top 5 for joining a kit club:
1. everything is coordinated
2. usually a good value for the money
3. I get products I can't get locally
4. It's delivered right to my door
5. I get to try things I might not have bought for myself.
Thanks!!
Cheryl KVD

Ana said...

I love to scrapbook for many reasons. I love to play with paper & photos and I produce something my entire family enjoys to look at in the end. I also enjoy the "me" time. It is my little break to go to your crops and have girl time with other people who enjoy the same stuff I do. I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the everyday stuff again after a crop!

I do not subscribe to your kits, yet, but each kit I have bought I have loved since it takes all the guesswork out and my pages always turn out fabulous because they go together so well!