Thursday, June 29, 2006

I love summer!

Of course most people do, but I love the way that a sunny day seems to make everyone happier and more relaxed and that each day seems to hold so much more promise than any other time of the year. I love the fact that summer is so much less structured than the rest of the year. Now don't get me wrong I thrive on structure and routine, but every so often you need a day that doesn't require you to be anywhere at a specific time and that allows you to just go with it.

I think the feeling of freedom brought about by summer is something that should be reflected in scrapbooking. Yes, there are certain approaches or techniques that make your pages look better and more cohesive, but shouldn't there be joy and freedom in the creating. So the next time you sit down to work on a page or card strive for joy, happiness and satisfaction in what you have created. Scrapbooking shouldn't feel like work, it should feel like summer.

No comments: