Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Big Birthday Card

Ever need a card where tons of people can sign it? Well one of the girls at work was having a birthday and I needed a card for 30 people to put in their well wishes, so I created this baby. Actually my Silhouette created it and then I embellished it. I have I told you how much I love my Silhouette. It's pretty much the best toy I ever bought for my scrapbooking and card making.
This first picture is of it all together.

I wanted it to have swirly embossing and it wouldn't fit in my Cuttlebug, so I got creative. I finally found a use for my rolling pin. I don't bake so I might as well craft with it. I put the card in the embossing folder, placed that on a silicone pad (probably could have used a mouse pad) and then rolled really, really hard with the rolling pin. I have to do this twice since the card it so wide across the top. Then I chalked the top or "frosting swirls" all over. Then I stickled the swirls using "Frosted Lace" and added blue rhinestones.
The tag was cut using my Silhouette as well. I cut the banner twice once in black and then again in green, but before I cut the green I put the words "hey cupcake" in the banner to that they would be cut out and the black would show through. The cherry is part of the original cupcake. I just added a pearl where the highlight should be. Happy birthday is heat embossed.
The cupcake holder is where the real work began. I started by scoring lines to make it ripply (is that a word?) Then I took three colours of cardstock and used the Cuttlebug swiss dot folder on them. Once that was done it was time for my circle punches. I used four sizes and randomly punched each colour. All the dots in the top wave are the same size and I put rhinestones in the centre of each one, except the very middle one. I put a pearl there.


Well, there is another creation finished and given. I have a couple of swap cards to post next. I'll try not to be a stranger and post those fairly soon.

Until next time.

Tracey


No comments: